[Mapserver-users] Can't generate .QIX files on-the-fly

Eduardo Patto Kanegae eduardo at consultoria.eti.br
Sat Oct 4 13:53:01 EDT 2003

# answers after #

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Anderson" <carl.anderson at vadose.org>
To: "Eduardo Patto Kanegae" <eduardo at consultoria.eti.br>
Cc: <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 11:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Mapserver-users] Can't generate .QIX files on-the-fly

> This should work,
>
> can you give more info on the exact php line used.
> It should have the full path to the binary (don't rely on the %PATH% to
> find it for you).
# like this.:

# this is the result of the an echo of my run-string:

"D:\local\bin\shapelib\shptree.exe"
"D:\local\apache_htdocs\msc\mapasVCP\LA\Altinopolis\C732_Fibra II\C732.shp"

#and taking a look at the error.log of Apache, it seems a path problems to
the second part of the string....

#is there any way of avoiding this path error without modifing the path??

> also turn on php debugging, what does that report.
>
> BTW
> Shapefiles are static (at least they can only be appended to without
> rewriting the entire file).  It would be better to run shptree at the
> same time that the shapefiles are written to.

> If you are using very dynamic content maybe PostGIS, or Oracle Spatial,
> or MySQL 4.0, or ESRI SDE would be a better solution

# sure it will be, but we cannot use this by this time.

#thanks

# Eduardo