[Mapserver-users] Can't generate .QIX files on-the-fly

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Sat Oct 4 10:49:54 EDT 2003

This should work,

can you give more info on the exact php line used.
It should have the full path to the binary (don't rely on the %PATH% to
find it for you).

also turn on php debugging, what does that report.

BTW
Shapefiles are static (at least they can only be appended to without
rewriting the entire file).  It would be better to run shptree at the
same time that the shapefiles are written to.

If you are using very dynamic content maybe PostGIS, or Oracle Spatial,
or MySQL 4.0, or ESRI SDE would be a better solution