[Mapserver-users] WMS Cllient for ArcView 3.X

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Wed Oct 8 01:38:11 EDT 2003

Paul,

  The following is likely a Mapserver issue, but Mapserver 4.0 spits out

GetMap>
  <Format>image/png</Format>
  <Format>image/jpeg</Format>
  <Format>text/html</Format>
  <Format>image/tiff</Format>

when asked for REQUEST=GETCAPABILITIES

The Refractions WMS Client generates an error of
    Error Creating Image: Unknown filetype returned by server: text/html

I'm not clear why Mapserver says it can supply a map in html format.  I'll
have to look into that.  In any case, I would expect the client to be
tolerant of formats it can't use, especially since I stated in the Client
.ogc file to use only jpeg:

 <image_format_list>
  <image_format>image/jpeg</image_format>
 </image_format_list>