[Mapserver-users] Windows NT vs. Windows 2000 / Windows XP

Menno Schepel MSchepel at gis.nl
Wed Oct 8 05:15:02 EDT 2003

Hello list,

Some days ago I posted questions about the connection of MapServer v4.0
with an Oracle 9i database. I received some usefull tips, thanks for
that. After some experiments something else has surfaced however. If I am
testing my application using an Windows NT4 (SP6) server with IIS4
installed everything runs smoothly. I can connect to the database and I
am receiving a nice image of the layers within the web page. However when
I use the same application on a server with either Windows 2000 Server or
Windows XP Pro installed in combination with IIS5 I am getting the
famous:

"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set
of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"

The temp files are written and look fine, but they do not show up in the
web page.
I am using the same database connection, map file, template, etc. The
connection seems to work since the temp files are generated.

Anyone that can share their insights about this matter or that has some
experience with this??

Thanks,

Menno