[Mapserver-users] Help with ArcSDE Layer Connection/Dataspec ification - SOLVED!

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at agr.gc.ca
Thu Oct 9 12:03:19 EDT 2003

In order to render on attributes in another table, it is possible to set
up an Oracle VIEW that links the sde table to another oracle table, and
then in the mapfile, you point to this VIEW which has the combined
spatial data with other attribute info. We've done this for a protoype
agri-environmental indicator project.

Debbie

>>> "Pryor, Clayton J" <CJPRYOR at sandia.gov> 10/09/03 11:22AM >>>

I was able to get the layer to display by simplifying the associated
class.

For now, the class simply reads:

	CLASS
		OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
		COLOR 0 255 0
	END

Now that I know I have the ArcSDE interface working, I will continue
explore map file configuration options.  Ultimately I would like to
have the
layer rendered based on attributes in another table but that is
another
thread.

:)

Thanks again,