[Mapserver-users] EXTENT of map object

Damian Schroder map_surfer at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 09:29:55 EDT 2003

--0-460356052-1065792595=:12498

Mukta-
In theory you should be able to use pixel coordinates for extents. If your jpeg or tif was 500 by 500 pixels, try 0 0 500 500 for your extents.However since there is no UNITS directive for pixels, you will not be able display scale or a scalebar correctly (so you can ommit the UNITS directive).

Damian

Mukta Telang <mukta at darya.nio.org> wrote:
Hi,
The mapfile reference describes EXTENT as the spatial extent of the map
to be created. I dont have data in shapefile or any other format. All I
want to do is display an image in tiff/jpeg format which the user should
be able to zoom by clicking on some points. How do I find EXTENT of map
in this case?
Thanks in advance,
Mukta