[Mapserver-users] Raster files problem

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Mon Oct 13 08:24:01 EDT 2003

Omry,

You have to set STATUS DEFAULT to get a visible map. With STATUS ON, you
have to specify the layer explicitly in the URL
(.../mapserv?map=...&layer=...)

MapServer ignores non-existing raster files when it is compiled with the
--enable-ignore-missing-data flag (the default). I always compile with
--disable-ignore-missing-date for development, and only ignore missing
data for production.

Not seeing anything without an error is generally caused by:

- wrong extent
- status on instead of default
- incorrect raster file name

HTH