[Mapserver-users] OGC-compliant WMS-server deliveringdynamic layers with MS?

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at agr.gc.ca
Wed Oct 15 10:42:11 EDT 2003

Hi,
and thanks for pointing out that the url for the getfeatureinfo was
pointing to an internal server.  Here's what the application points to
now:
http://sis.agr.gc.ca/pls/bb/bcin%5FspeCs%2Ecoord?p%5Flat=20.6333&p%5Flong=-156.433&p%5Ftaxon=Abudefduf
abdominalis

And to answer your question, yes, it seems you've caught me - this
getfeatureinfo request does not seem to be ogc-compliant and instead we
did something to fit our own application so that some meaningful
information was returned to the user.

I guess a true getfeatureinfo response would be either a text dump or a
gml dump that would just list the point coordinate information?  That
part of the code  could easily be changed... if you do it, please share
the code with us!

Debbie

>>> "Frieso ter Haseborg" <ter-haseborg at sf-datentechnik.de> 10/15/03
09:38AM >>>
Hi Debbie,

first of all thanks a lot for posting your code - yes, it's been a
great
help bringing some light how to handle these things.

One more question - if you will excuse me.
The solution to handle GetMap and GetCapabilities are understood in
particular the idea to create a new mapfile and to let mapserver do
the
xml-generation for GetCapabilities seems clever to me.

But I've still a question regarding the getFeatureInfo-Request.
Instead
of returning the direct output you dump an url. What would be the
result
on executing this url? I can't test this, since the url I get on
trying
your demo-link leads to an unaccessible server. Would the other serve
deliver the desired output?

Would MS be able to handle this reroute if an url is dumped instead of
result in the info_format normally specified with a
getFeatureInfo-Request?
Or in other words: This isn't ogc-compliant (no offense!), is it?

TIA,

Frieso ter Haseborg
- Software Development -

S&F Datentechnik GmbH&Co.KG