[Mapserver-users] Mapserver 4.0 Maxsymbol 64 ???

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Wed Oct 15 12:03:36 EDT 2003

Dear list,

the version mapserver 3.6 had restrictions: There was some maxclasses 50
and maxlayers 100 in the map.h file. There was also a restriction
maxsymbols in the file mapsymbol.h which was set to 64:
#define MS_MAXSYMBOLS 64

In the v4.0 the restrictions for the classes/layers have been deleted,
but not for the maxsymbols as I guess. Is that right?

I would have no problems to move this from 64 to 10000 on a linux
machine, but our current project is on windows only. And I have
absolutely no time to start trying compile mapserver on windows.

So  P L E A S E  does anybody out there have a win-binary v4.0 where the
MS_MAXSYMBOLS have been set to something like 500 or even 200?

Or may any of the windows-goodies out there recompile it for me?

Thank you very much!!!!!

Till