[Mapserver-users] dynamic layer-help

Bjoern Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Tue Oct 21 06:23:17 EDT 2003

Hi Murat,

with ArcView you could do the following (tested with AV 3.1):
1. Export your data into a textfile
2. Choose Table->Add and select your Textfile
3. Choose View->Add Event Theme and select your txt-table, the X- and
the Y-field.
4. Choose Theme->Convert to shapefile
Voila! You're done!

The other way would surely be to get phpmapscript, perlmapscript or
pythonmapscript working on your machine. (I prefer the pythonic way...)
Then you could query your MySQL database and build dynamic layers on the
fly. For the pytonic way, I could send you some codesnippets as a
starting point. The php- and perl-way is documented on the
MapServer-Homepage and you will find lots of hints in the
mailing-list-archive.

Hope this helps,

Bjoern.

--