[Mapserver-users] dynamic layer-help

Murat Isik muratisik at megatek.com.tr
Tue Oct 21 06:54:21 EDT 2003

Hello Bjoern,

"For the pytonic way, I could send you some codesnippets as a
starting point"
That would be great since the ArcView method is one time and my point
plotting coordinates change by every time map is refreshed. It is like
everytime the webpage gets called from the server, this dynamic layer (or
some scripts like you mentioned) should go to the database and read the
latest coordinates. One other way I came up with since my last post if to
keep it simple and have the dynamic layer or script read coordinates from a
simple text file, and also have a second script, an unrelated-to-mapserver
one, running in cron of redhat 9 go and fetch data from mysql and write it
in the text file. That would be cool too.
This whole thing looks complex to me at the moment, since the most advanced
work I did about mapserver and web administration until now is to get the
Itasca demo working :)

Thanks for helping...

Have a nice day.

Murat Isik.