[Mapserver-users] mapserv4 /tiff

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 10:34:09 EDT 2003

robert fritz wrote:
> If I use mapserv4 on W2000/IIS and the tiffs and shapes are turned on,
> the shapes are colored in grey only. Turning off the tiffs, the shapes
> are colored as defined in the map file.

Robert,

You can add the statement:

   PROCESSING "COLOR_MATCH_THRESHOLD=3"

within the LAYER definition for your TIFF file.  It basically tells
MapServer to not allow all 256 grey levels, but instead only about 80
(that is reuse a color within 3 levels of what is requested rather than
allocate a new one).

In the CVS version greyscale files are mapped to only 128 grey levels
if not otherwise controlled by the user so this FAQ should go away over
time.

Best regards,