[Mapserver-users] feature info request on win2k calls error message

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Tue Oct 21 13:21:45 EDT 2003

Hi list,

I have a problem with my (local) umn installation on a win2k machine:
I request mapserver (UMN v4.0) as WMS via a WMS client.

Whenever I query via FeatureInfoRequest I get a system-error message,
which tells me, that mapserv.exe has caused an error and that I have to
restart the program. I click on OK and after that the requested
information comes up in my querytemplate as demanded - and I can proceed
navigating through my map.
I tried this on another win2k machine with the same client and the same
version (I copied it fro the first machine) of mapserv.exe.

I also updated all my win-stuff to whatever Bill said is the newest
bugfix...

Looking into the drwtsn.log tells me, that a kind of access violation
occured and that the DrWatson.exe started directly after my mapserv.exe.

Did anybody had this problem before or has any idea? I guess it has to
do with my system and not wih the umn environment as it is.

Thanks in advance,

Till ;-)