[Mapserver-users] msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not read font

bpicinbono@worldonline.fr bpicinbono at worldonline.fr
Thu Oct 23 16:35:56 EDT 2003

Hi, dear list,

I am in troubles displaying labels.

I have a quite basic application build around
the gmap demo that displays fine truetype labels,
both on my local server and on the remote one.
(both servers have the same config)

Now, I am trying to integrate a java applet to
this appplication.

While working with labels on my local server, I
had a problem opening the "fonts.txt" file (which
makes the link to the different font files.

I read the list and found out that I had to replace,
in the map file, the line :
 FONTSET ../etc/fonts.txt
by
 FONTSET /var/www/html/dir1/dir2/etc/fonts.txt
(it needs the full absolute path, which it did
not need before the applet (?) ).
This fix solved the problem and now I have the
labels displaying well out of my local server.

The problem is now on my remote server : same
problem when trying to display labels.
I tried different FONTSET pathes, it gives me
the following errors :

with :
 FONTSET ../etc/fonts.txt
it gives the error :
msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not find/open font

with :
 FONTSET var/www/html/dir1/dir2/etc/fonts.txt
it gives the error :
msLoadFontset(): Unable to access file. Error opening
fontset var/www/html/dir1/dir2/etc/fonts.txt.

with :
 FONTSET /var/www/html/dir1/dir2/etc/fonts.txt
it gives the error :
msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not read font

I think the third solution must be the good one.
I checked the path several times, it's ok.
I checked the entries and read rights of the
"etc" directory and all the files in it.
They are all readable by everybody.

(I work with MS 3.6.2)

Any idea of where this could come from ?

Thanks

Blaise

********** L'ADSL A 20 EUR/MOIS**********
Avec Tiscali, l'ADSL est à 20 EUR/mois. Vous pourrez chercher longtemps avant de trouver moins cher !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre soumise à conditions.