[Mapserver-users] GetFeatureInfo: response with or without geometry

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 24 06:50:37 EDT 2003

Hi list,

why does mapserver return the complete (including geometries) GML of the
Feature when performing a GetFeatureInfo request? In my opinion, WMS
clients only visualize the non-geographical (alphanumerical) attributes of
a feature when they ask for attribute info.

In some cases with large multipolygons there is a lot of GML transported
over the wire which is not used anyway.

If I interpreted the OGC specs correctly, the WMS vendor is free what kind
of information he returns in his GetFeatureInfo response.

Best regards,
Bart