[Mapserver-users] Compiling gdaltindex?

Matthew Haines mhaines94108 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 18:06:52 EST 2003

How does one compile gdaltindex?  The mapserver documentation indicates that
this is necessary to create a tile index for raster images.  I'm trying to
get a blazing fast response time, so I figured I'd generate a massive
collection of pre-generated .png image tiles.  The documentation says I need
to create a tile index.  Do I need to create .wld files for my .png images
as well?  I assume so, but the documentation gives no guidance on that
question.

I have gdal 1.1.19, but the apps directory does not contain a gdaltindex.o,
only gdaltindex.c.  Is this a problem?

Matthew