[Mapserver-users] Merge of shapefiles

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Oct 30 17:21:53 EST 2003

Johan,

This is exactly what tileindexes are for. So if you files are in
directory "data" do something like this:

find data -name "*.shp" > tile-input.txt
tile4ms tile-input.txt data-tiles

The next two lines will help with performance. I leave them up to the
reader to figure out :)

find data -name "*.shp" -exec shptree {} \;
shptree data-tiles

then in you mapfile

LAYER "data"
TILEINDEX "data-tiles"

And is should work! If you have a lot of different layers in "data"
then you will want to sort them into different tileindexes for each
layer.

-Steve W.