[Mapserver-users] UML class diagram of PHP/MapScript

Alexander Pucher pucher at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Fri Oct 31 05:14:35 EST 2003

Hi,

thanks for the images. I started a draft yesterday, but came up with a
far more complex version.

What made some first problems was the distinction between classes that
are returned by other classes (e.g. mapObj -> layerObj) and those that
are embedded in other classes (e.g. scalebarObj is embedded in mapObj,
i.e. is a member of mapObj)

 From what I read about UML/Object-oriented concepts, the connection
between mapObj and layerObj is an 'aggregation' (i.e. 1..* layers are
aggregated to one map), whereas mapObj is dependent on scalebarObj (with
the stereotype: access).

You think this is correct? Is this distinction important for the UML
concept of PHP/MapScript?

Best regards,
alex.