[Mapserver-users] Projection conversion

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Oct 31 11:46:01 EST 2003

I haven't used Oracle Spatiall, but if you are wondering about projections,
here is an idea to try.
It looks too me like you have everything setup properly in your map file -
the only problem may be your data.
Your map file project setting and your "PointTest" layer's projection
settings are the same, therefore, no reprojecting is required for that
layer.  Your "shoreline" layer has a different EPSG, so it has to project
it.

I'd guess that there could be at least 3 things going on:
- Your request for the data using SRID=82196 may not be giving you data
that is in EPSG:2145
- EPSG:2145 may be wrong altogether
- There is no data being returned from Oracle.

I suggest changig the EXTENT and map file PROJECTION settings to match your
Shoreline data.  If you can view the shoreline data, then you can at least
rule out my last point above.

Tyler