[Mapserver-users] Problems in viewing dgn files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 6 11:46:43 EDT 2004

Gambin Dejan wrote:
> I have a problem in viewing dgn files and I can't get the information
> that could help me.
>
> I am trying to show a dgn file with a Mapserver version 4.0.1 and I get
> the following error:
>
> msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'some_name'.
> ogrGeomLine(): OGR error. OGRGeometry type `MULTILINESTRING' not supported.
>
> Can you tell me if this error comes from dgnlib? I know that OGR
> reinterprets the information from dgnlib into OGR Feature Style format.
> So does the error come from dgnlib or from OGR? Has it maybe been sold
> in some CVS version of dgnlib/OGR. I have installed gdal-1.2.0 and
> MapServer 4.0.1.

Dejan,

I thought I had responded already on the multilinestring issue.  OGR returns
a MULTILINESTRING for complex line objects in DGN.  Older versions of
MapServer (4.0.1?) did not support this geometry type but the current
development version should.  If you can reproduce the problem with a current
development version of MapServer then please report a bug via the MapServer
bugzilla and assign it directly to me.

Best regards,