[Mapserver-users] Working of dEMO

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Apr 13 11:09:41 EDT 2004

Browsing just allows you to move the map (pan) or zoom in/out.
Querying allows you to click on certain layers and get a little query
report about that shape.  Query  multiple - allows you to do the same but
for multiple layers.  The mapping file has to be setup properly to allow
querying and you have to click on a valid feature too.  Querying isn't my
strong suit at the moment, but others should be able to help.

Tyler

mapserver-users-admin at lists.gis.umn.edu wrote on 04/13/2004 04:41:19 AM:

> Dear Users
>
> My demo is working but I cant figure out the working of it.
>
> There are three radio buttons:
>
> 1) Browse Map: This is simple, when this is selected with (multiple or
> single) layers it works fine. However can anyone suggest that does it do

> overlaying here ?
>
> 2) Query Feature: THis doesnt work at all for me. When I select (single
or
> multiple) layers, I get an error :
> msQueryByPoint(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s)
found.