Display map with specified point in center

Miroslav Šulc miroslav.sulc at STARTNET.CZ
Thu Dec 16 07:19:16 EST 2004

Hi,

I am still newbie so maybe I ask a stupid question but I cannot solve
this one.

I have a set (about 5000) points with coordinates in MySQL database and
map that covers the region of the points. When user says "display THIS
point on map", I would like to display map with this point in the center.

I suppose I should
1) estimate the extent of the map that I want to display
2) insert the point into a layer (the point has coordinates) and draw
the point

I can somehow estimate the extent but I don't know how I can insert the
point specified by coordinates into the map. I use PHP Mapscript. I
would appreciate any suggestion.

--
Miroslav Šulc, CEO
StartNet s.r.o.