How do I hide a layer from WMS GETCAPABILITIES XML?

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Fri Dec 17 12:00:11 EST 2004

You could of course could wrap your mapserv call in mapscript and filter
the layers you want to hide.

-e

        -----Original Message-----
        From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Brent Fraser
        Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 3:47 PM
        To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
        Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] How do I hide a layer from WMS
GETCAPABILITIES XML?

        I'm using the new TYPE TILEINDEX layer (pointed to by an indexed
raster layer) and I'd like to prevent this layer from being listed in
the GETCAPABILITIES XML (and hence listed as a "valid" layer in various
WMS clients).

        Any thoughts?

        Windows2000, IIS 5.0
        MapServer version 4.4.0  OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

        Thanks!
        Brent Fraser
        GeoAnalytic Inc.
        Tel:(403) 213-2700