[Mapserver-users] shape file reprojection on the fly.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 6 00:03:12 EST 2004

Pericles Nacionales wrote:
> Can of worms, I tell you... :)
>
> When you say OGIS are you talking about WMS/WFS?  If so, that's where the
> METADATA "wms_srs" parameter is for.  Specify the epsg codes for all
> projections you want supported.  Perhaps the wms folks can confirm this?
>
> See http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/wms-server-howto.html for more
> info.

Peri / Amit,

I believe the wms_srs parameters in the mapfile metadata are just used to
determine what SRS'es will be advertised as supported in the WMS capabilities
document.  As far as I know any coordinate system in the PROJ.4 epsg support
file will work even if it wasn't explicitly listed in the wms_srs list for
the server.

Best regards,