[Mapserver-users] Virtual Spatial Data

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 9 13:35:06 EST 2004

we wei wrote:
> And i put the mapfile and the .ovf file in the same
> location.
>
> and then I used the wms to open this image as this
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_40?map=/var/www/html/VRT/htdocs/vrtdemo.map&service=WMS&request=getmap&version=1.1.1
>
> However, I got something weird.  It gave me a whole
> bunch of odd characters like the boxs and something
> else but starts with &PNG.  It didn't generate an
> image to me.
>
> Do you have any idea of what's going wrong or do you
> have any method for me to generate more information
> for debugging?

We Wei,

My guess is it is returning a propery png result but that you aren't
displaying it with a png viwer.  PNG files start with "char 0x89" followed
by PNG.  Perhaps the mime type isn't set properly?  Try saving the file
resulting from the above URL and giving it the extension .png and then see
if you can view it with a png viewer.

This does not appear to be related to OGR in any way.

Best regards,