[Mapserver-users] dBox, Rosa, Macs, mapscript

Zak James zak-ms at hoppsan.org
Thu Feb 12 16:50:29 EST 2004

I'm pretty sure the problem with ROSA on macs is that it requires
liveconnect, a mechanism for java to communicate with javascript.

It used to be that it wasn't available at all on the mac platform, but
Apple released a new version of Safari (1.2) last week that implements
it for their Java 1.4.2 VM. I tested it locally and it allows ROSA to
work.

Of course, if your clients don't have the latest version of OS X, it's
not a great solution. Have you considered using Chameleon
(www.maptools.org)? It provides a DHTML rubber band that works fine in
most mac browsers.

zak
--