[Mapserver-users] Mouse Over

Alexander Pucher pucher at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 17 16:54:41 EST 2004

--------------080901050108040300060205

Hi all,

Charlton, did you install the latest 'nighly built? It (almost) worked
for me with that version...

I came up with this result:

http://map.gis.univie.ac.at/ms_test/imagemap.php

It seems to work at the first sight, but when you click on one of the
polygons, no windows appears. If you look at the source code of the
page, you will see that no argument 'p' is handed over to the javascript
function.

Regarding my poor C/C++ knowledge, I had a look at the mapimagmap.c file
in the mapserver source code and figured out, that 'p' refers to the
shpObj.

Can anyone see what the problem is with my demo? I followed the exact
instructions from your wiki section.
Does your solution only work with shapefiles as a basis? Or do I need my
data in PostGIS?

Thanks for any input,
alex.

Charlton Purvis wrote:

>Hi, Steve:
>
>Checked out the overlib URL you sent below, and I must admit it's slick.
>
>I'm a little lost, though, what library do I need to make sure I have
>installed and part of my ./configure?
>
>I'm trying to monkey around w/ imagemap, a la the Wiki post:
>  OUTPUTFORMAT
>    NAME imagemap
>    MIMETYPE "text/html"
>    DRIVER imagemap
>  END
>
>But a shp2img gives me a:
>msDrawMap(): GD library error. Unable to initialize image.
>
>Running 4.0.1 and gd-2.0.15.
>
>My MS build looks like it put mapimagemap.c into my libmap.a.  Any
>hints?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Charlton

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Charlton, did you install the latest 'nighly built? It (almost) worked
for me with that version...<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://map.gis.univie.ac.at/ms_test/imagemap.php">http://map.gis.univie.ac.at/ms_test/imagemap.php</a>
It seems to work at the first sight, but when you click on one of the
polygons, no windows appears. If you look at the source code of the
page, you will see that no argument 'p' is handed over to the
javascript function.
Regarding my poor C/C++ knowledge, I had a look at the mapimagmap.c
file in the mapserver source code and figured out, that 'p' refers to
the shpObj.
Can anyone see what the problem is with my demo? I followed the exact
instructions from your wiki section.
Does your solution only work with shapefiles as a basis? Or do I need
my data in PostGIS?<br>
Thanks for any input,<br>
alex.
Charlton Purvis wrote:
 cite="midAE6FF3A533861C41A6571F1D7DDF6F6171AB2F at asgnet2.asg.sc.edu"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Hi, Steve:

Checked out the overlib URL you sent below, and I must admit it's slick.

I'm a little lost, though, what library do I need to make sure I have
installed and part of my ./configure?

I'm trying to monkey around w/ imagemap, a la the Wiki post:
  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME imagemap
    MIMETYPE "text/html"
    DRIVER imagemap
  END

But a shp2img gives me a:
msDrawMap(): GD library error. Unable to initialize image.

Running 4.0.1 and gd-2.0.15.

My MS build looks like it put mapimagemap.c into my libmap.a.  Any
hints?

Thanks,

Charlton

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-----Original Message-----
Hi all: The mapimage w/XML software was really more a
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->proof-of-concept.
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I never took it any further than that. The source is around if you're
interested. There are other possibilities as well. For example, in 4.0
there actually is a imagemap output object (see
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ImageMap">http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ImageMap</a>) but I don't
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->know
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">much about it. In 4.1 there is the [shpxy] tag and I've been planning
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->to
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">add an attribute to allow you to output coordinates in IMAGE
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/">http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/</a>).