[Mapserver-users] scale query

Mills, Daniel Mills_D at wrcplc.co.uk
Wed Feb 25 08:46:04 EST 2004

Hi,

I am querying map->sclae and getting back funny results.  Can anybody help.

i am using mapserver 4.2 with mapscript. When i zoom to the extents of the
uk (-7.000 49.000 3.000 59.000) i get a scale of 47.24412.  I have set my
map projection to lat/long, the data is held in Oracle Spatial SRID=null.
map units have been set to METERS.  I have set all of my layers to lat/long
and units m.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is the case?
Thanks
Daniel

Visit our websites www.wrcplc.co.uk, www.wrcnsf.com and www.nsf.org, as well as www.waterportfolio.com for collaborative research projects.

The Information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by any other party is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken in reliance on information contained in this e-mail is prohibited and maybe unlawful. When addressed to WRc clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing WRc client Agreement.