[Mapserver-users] msDrawMap() error

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Sun Jul 4 10:38:32 EDT 2004

Oliver,

  Does the shapefile
"C:\library\sites\mapserver\projects\testing\mapserver\admin.shp" (and it's
.dbf and .shx) exist?  Are the permissions on the file set so IIS can read
it?

I'm not sure why mapserver gave two messages (one for "testing\admin" and
one for "testing\mapserver\admin").  Try deleting the SHAPEPATH setting and
putting the full path to the shapefile  in the DATA statement:

 NAME luzon
        DATA "C:\library\sites\mapserver\projects\testing\mapserver/admin"
        STATUS DEFAULT
        TYPE POLYGON

  If it doesn't work then there is likely a problem with the file or the
security on the file/folders.

Brent Fraser