[Mapserver-users] symbology for each symbol

Sylvain Beorchia sbeorchia at gi-lemans.fr
Tue Jul 6 07:52:12 EDT 2004

Hi list,

I'd like to apply a different symbology for each object on my map.
I mean, i've got a mapserver  project which display some shapefile,
mapinfos... and i want to be able to symbolize my objects (points) according
to data from a database. It's dynamic resymbolization.
Example:

On a layer i've got some points. Each point is a part of a class in this
layer (by default). And each class's got its own symbolization.
But sometimes one point has to have another symbol, but only this one, not
all the class...

Any ideas or advices ?

Rq: i cannot change dynamically the mapfile for adding new styles or new
classes because the symbolization has to be unique for the user, not for all
the users of the website.

Thank u.

Sylvain.