[Mapserver-users] schemas

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 8 08:27:04 EDT 2004

Hi,

Mapserver provides a reference to the schema in its GML file. This
reference is in fact a DescribeFeatureType request to the WFS part of
Mapserver.

E.g.:

<wfs:FeatureCollection xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
http://www.ttt.org/myns
http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w_20/apps/general/map/gemeentes.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=Gemeentes">

So going to the last URL in the wfs:FeatureCollection header will get you
the schema associated, i.e.:

http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w_20/apps/general/map/gemeentes.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=Gemeentes

Best regards,
Bart