[Mapserver-users] Issue with mapserv and mode=map

Davis Michael A DPW GIS TECH michael.davis at richardson.army.mil
Fri Jul 9 13:33:43 EDT 2004

------_=_NextPart_001_01C465DA.E17873E0

We are currently using Mapserver 4.2 on Windows with IIS.

I have been playing around with using our map files in "map" mode vs.
"browse" mode.  We have a variety of .map files that we have been using =
great success in browse mode, however, when we switch to a "mode=3Dmap"
request we get a CGI error. =20

Specifically:=20

"The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete =
set of
HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:  GIF87a=90=01X=02" ". =20

Oddly enough when we remove all the layers except one -it doesn't =
matter
which one- the image generates just fine.  The error only occurs when =
there
is more than one layer in the .map file.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.  =20

Mike Davis
GIS Analyst
Fort Richardson, AK

------_=_NextPart_001_01C465DA.E17873E0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Issue with mapserv and mode=3Dmap</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>We are currently using Mapserver 4.2 on Windows with =
IIS.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I have been playing around with using our map files =
in &quot;map&quot; mode vs. &quot;browse&quot; mode.&nbsp; We have a =
variety of .map files that we have been using to great success in =
browse mode, however, when we switch to a &quot;mode=3Dmap&quot; =
request we get a CGI error.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Specifically: </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&quot;The specified CGI application misbehaved by not =
returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return =
are:&nbsp; GIF87a=90=01X=02" &quot;.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Oddly enough when we remove all the layers except one =
-it doesn't matter which one- the image generates just fine.&nbsp; The =
error only occurs when there is more than one layer in the .map =
file.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Any help or suggestions are greatly =
appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Mike Davis</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>GIS Analyst</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Fort Richardson, AK</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>