[Mapserver-users] Is there a problem with WMS getCapabilities with VERSION=1.1.1?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jul 13 02:04:42 EDT 2004

Norbert Thieme wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I read in the docs that WMS version 1.1.1 is supported in MS 4.2. When I
> change the requests which worked with 1.1.0 I get a problem with the
> output of the getCapabilities request.
>
> The XML looks fine but it is cut off at a indefinite point. I tested
> this also for the getMap request and there version 1.1.1 works fine. I
> tested different mapfiles with getCapabilities and I can't see a reason
> in the mapfiles.
>
> Could that be a problem with the web server - that it stops transmission
> before the XML is complete? Or even the mapserver itself?
>
> Did anyone try the getCapabilities request with version 1.1.1? Was the
> output OK?

There is no known issue with WMS 1.1.1 Capabilities, for instance the
following WMS uses MS 4.2 and works:

http://dev1.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities

It could be that something specific to your data crashes the MapServer
binary during the generation of the Capabilities, that would explain the
truncated output. However there is not much we can do to help unless you
can file a bug with a testcase to reproduce.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca