[Mapserver-users] Is there a problem with WMS getCapabilities with VERSION=1.1.1?

Norbert Thieme norbert.thieme at ilmenau.baw.de
Wed Jul 14 09:49:19 EDT 2004

Daniel Morissette schrieb:
> Norbert Thieme wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I read in the docs that WMS version 1.1.1 is supported in MS 4.2. When
>> I change the requests which worked with 1.1.0 I get a problem with the
>> output of the getCapabilities request.
>>
>> The XML looks fine but it is cut off at a indefinite point. I tested
>> this also for the getMap request and there version 1.1.1 works fine. I
>> tested different mapfiles with getCapabilities and I can't see a
>> reason in the mapfiles.
>>
>> Could that be a problem with the web server - that it stops
>> transmission before the XML is complete? Or even the mapserver itself?
>>
>> Did anyone try the getCapabilities request with version 1.1.1? Was the
>> output OK?
>>

> There is no known issue with WMS 1.1.1 Capabilities, for instance the
> following WMS uses MS 4.2 and works:
>
> http://dev1.dmsolutions.ca/cgi-bin/mswms_gmap?version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities
>

> It could be that something specific to your data crashes the MapServer
> binary during the generation of the Capabilities, that would explain the
> truncated output. However there is not much we can do to help unless you
> can file a bug with a testcase to reproduce.
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the reply. One thing I noticed is that it seems to be a
problem with my SDE layers - with shapefiles the GetCapabilities work. I
will test some more things and file a bug maybe next week.

Perhaps anyone from the list who works with SDE can comment on this.

Best regards,
Norbert