FW: [Mapserver-users] Mapserver Postgis connection issues

Swaminathan, Gayathri gayathri at ou.edu
Mon Jul 19 09:38:01 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Swaminathan, Gayathri
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 11:57 AM
To: 'Tyler Mitchell'
Subject: RE: [Mapserver-users] Mapserver Postgis connection issues

So I finally had the issue solved...

I had registered the libpq.dll that came in Mark Ayland's snapshot for use with mapserver v.4.2.1

This dint work well...It had the mapserver cgi--hung up

So I took Tyler's suggestion and tried from shp2img...and checked my postgresql log and saw that there was no postgresql connection requests being made!!!

Then... I took  Juan's suggestion and replaced my libpq.dll with the one that came with mapserver 42 bundle (http://hypnos.cbs.umn.edu/projects/downloads/ms42pg.zip) and it works!!!!!!!!

So this was another mismatched dll-o-rama!

Thanks for all your help...and time

Gayathri