[Mapserver-users] Labeling question

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji at divestco.com
Mon Jul 26 17:52:52 EDT 2004

Hello list,

I am currently using a symbol to display a postgis layer. I want to give the user the ability to display any character from a special font file that we have. Is there a way to force a layer to display a certain character.

I know you can do LABELITEM and give it a column in the db to reference for the character (this works btw), but I want to write it into the map file so that it is easy to change. I also don't want to have 500000 redundant rows because if I have to change that character then I have to write an update function instead of just changing the .map file.

Any ideas?
Zamil