[Mapserver-users] Windows installation error

Justin Riggert justinriggert at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:41:48 EDT 2004

I am installing MapServer 4.2.0 onto windows and am running into the same
error on both XP and Win2K.  Here are my installation steps:

1) Install Apache 1.3.31 in default location (C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache).  I am using localhost as the server and domain names.
2) Unzip the MapServer 4.2 binary package.  Copy the proj directory into C:,
copy mapserv.exe into the Apache cgi-bin directory, and add the lib
directory to the sysem PATH.  Also tried adding bin directory to system
PATH.

When I use the following URL in both IE and Netscape -
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
I get a "500 Internal Server Error" in the browser, and Apache error log
says
"Premature end of script headers: c:/program files/apache
group/apache/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe"

If I try mapserv -v from the command line I successfully get the version
number and some other information.  Is there anyhting obvious on what is
going on here?

Thanks for the help,
Justin