[Mapserver-users] OGR VRT and Mapserver

aaron at aptronics.com aaron at aptronics.com
Sun Jun 6 07:29:10 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have been trying to get Virtual Spatial Data to work, and have only got
as far as the following:

>ogrinfo ODBC:localserver testvsd
INFO: Open of `ODBC:localserver'
using driver `ODBC' successful.

Layer name: testvsd
Geometry: Unknown (any)
Feature Count: 1
Layer SRS WKT:
(unknown)
x: Real (0.0)
y: Real (0.0)
OGRFeature(testvsd):0
  x (Real) = 10
  y (Real) = 10

However, I am stuck when I use the following
>ogrinfo myvsd.ovf
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `myvsd.ovf' with the following drivers.
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER
  -> S57
  -> MapInfo File
  -> DGN
  -> VRT
  -> AVCBin
  -> REC
  -> Memory
  -> GML
  -> ODBC
  -> FMEObjects Gateway

I am using Mapserver 4.2 windows binaries downloaded from the
PHP/Mapscript site at maptools.org

The database to connect to is mysql and I use myODBC or the ODBC connection

The ovf file looks like this:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
 <OGRVRTLayer name="mylayer">
  <SrcDataSource>ODBC:localserver</SrcDataSource>
  <SrcLayer>testvsd</SrcLayer>
  <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
  <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
  <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>
 </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

Anything that I have missed out or done wrong? Some pointers would be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Aaron