[Mapserver-users] Hunting for global data

K Resellmo mapserver at resellmo.com
Mon Jun 7 23:29:27 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to get the GTOPO30 data into mapserver for a little while
too, and some posts here indicate that mapserver can load DEMs.
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0304/msg00184.html
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0304/msg00239.html)

I can make a tileindex of the DEMs with gdaltindex as suggested in the
above post, but mapserver will not display the layer. I get an error message:
layer named 'testRaster'.
msDrawRaster(): Image handling error. Unrecognized or unsupported image format
drawEPP(): Image handling error. /mapdata/dem/e020n40.dem is not an EPPL file.

I am running the pre-compiled Win32 binaries of MapServer 4.0.2.

Any help for getting MapServer to read the GTOPO30 DEMs (or converting DEMs
to another format) would be great.

Thanks,
Kris