[Mapserver-users] Other MapServer mailing lists

John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au
Wed Jun 16 20:59:45 EDT 2004

Tyler,

I manage the volume of this list by looking at the email subjects.  It the
subject doesn't interest me then I delete it.  If the subject content is not
relevant to the content of the email then someone's question might not get
answered.

I believe that extra lists may mean that someone won't get their questions
answered if they send a message to the wrong list or if those in the know are
not subscribed to the list.  Having said that I think that lists which are
specific, eg. PHP and mapscript and then a general list it may allow people
to more easily manage the volume.

I would hope that the archives are merged and that a *very* good searching
system used.  Otherwise people will be asking the same questions of different
lists. Etc. etc.

I guess this doesn't answer your question. It just notes some observations.

One thing that I *must* occur is a list of some sort.  The questions and
especially the answers are *very* helpful.  Without this list I believe many
people would not be using MapServer.

Keep up the good work subscribers!

Thanks.

John