[Mapserver-users] Why Mapserver GML does not validate with XMLSpy

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 17 14:59:25 EDT 2004

Hi Daniel,

what the XMLSpy people are saying is that using & in a URL to a CGI is
valid.

If I click on the link I do not get the schema back, I get a service
exception report that the version is missing. Or if I use & instead of
& even before the service=WFS name-value pair, I get the "mapserv(): Web
application error. No template provided." error. So mapserv CGI only
interprets name value pairs if they are separated by & instead of &.

Is this something Windows specific perhaps, you are probably on Linux when
clicking the URL in a browser? XMLSpy is on Windows as well ofcourse.

Best regards,
Bart