[Mapserver-users] Printing - PHP code

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Jun 18 09:13:00 EDT 2004

Satyajit,

Very nice job indeed! I had a problem that I could not see the map in
the Rosa applet in either IE6 or Netscape 7.1, so I think something is
broken.

As for printing, I think the best strategy is to have a link the opens a
new page with the map, scale bar and legend as image tags and the layout
designed for printing. If you want to support multiple page formats the
have the user select them from a drop down. Doing your print pages in
straight html will be much cleaner. You will have to pass the current
map parameters and layers to the code or template url that does the
layout and possibly make some changes to it to adjust the size of the
image for the new page layout. It would probably be easiest to do this
in mapscript, but you could also do the image size/scale adjustments in
javascript before you submit the link.

Great job,
   -Steve W.