[Mapserver-users] PHP: was dynamic point drawn?

Hal Mueller hal at mobilegeographics.com
Fri Jun 18 18:58:30 EDT 2004

I'm generating a set of dynamic points from a mySQL database, based
on attributes of the points.  Then I plot that set of points.

If I'm plotting on a regional map, I'd like to know which of the
(worldwide) points were actually drawn.  Is there a function to do
that?   Something like

$map->testInExtent($layer, $point)

To be more specific, my question in the code is "which of these
moving objects are in the map that I just drew?".

I could look at the extent of the map manually, project the point,
and test that--but it seems like there must be a canned way to do
this already.

TIA,
Hal