[Mapserver-users] MapServer Windows external symbol problem

Howard Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Mon Jun 21 15:17:24 EDT 2004

I am trying to compile Windows MapServer, but I am having trouble getting
regex to behave when it comes time to link.  Apparently, many others have
had trouble as well

Here is the link error:
regex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _printchar

I have tried every permutation of putting that symbol in the header, making
sure it is extern'ed properly (in both the C file and the header), but I am
having no luck.  I grepped through my VC++ include files and my cygwin
include files for that function prototype (printchar), but I cannot find it

If you have any ideas of other things I might try, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Howard Butler
Department of Statistics
Center for Survey Statistics and Methodology
Iowa State University
212 Snedecor Hall
Ames, IA 50011