[Mapserver-users] possible cause of rendering problems

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jun 22 10:56:48 EDT 2004

I would agree with Bart, folks should move to styles. You certainly
don't want to
mix and match old and new syntax...

Steve

>>> <bartvde at xs4all.nl> 6/22/2004 8:36:37 AM >>>
Hi list,

we had some rendering problems in which we would have around 10 classes
in
a LAYER. Not all of the polygon outlines would be drawn.

The problem was caused by using the following CLASS syntax:

        CLASS
            EXPRESSION /654[23]/
            NAME "dok"
            COLOR 255 255 255
            STYLE
                SYMBOL 0
                OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
                SIZE 2
          END
        END

So the COLOR was outside the STYLE object.

When we moved the COLOR into the STYLE object, everything worked as
expected.

So bottom line: never mingle the old way of doing symbolization with
the
new STYLE way of doing it.

Best regards,
Bart