[Mapserver-users] Re: thanx

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jun 22 16:09:52 EDT 2004

Chris Helm wrote:
> Steve-
>
> Its all fixed--I just jumped the gun and didnt realize
> that my tolerance was #'ed.  I really appreciate the
> help, Im just learning how to incorperate mapscript
> and its coming along, but slow.  Thanks agian, but

np.

> with mapscript how exactly do you define the layout of
> a query results page if each is labeled a 'dummy'
> file?

In mapscript, I don't use the templates at all that is why they are all
'dummy'. I use mapscript to read the metadata info for the layer and
then extract the value(s) requested in the metadata from the shape
attributes and generate my output page on the fly. The TEMPLATE tag is
so mapserver knows how to do it in CGI mode and as an optimization,
mapserver will not do queries for any layer that does not have a
template tag, hence the TEMPLATE 'dummy'

-Steve