[Mapserver-users] Problems with ECW images

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Wed May 26 05:01:01 EDT 2004

Hi

I experienced sometimes problems with ECW images. It worked fine for a Landsat image (25 m resolution) and scales smaller than e.g. 1:100000. When zoominng in the ECW layer seems to cause errors. I checked with shp2img and setting an extent similar to the higher scale that caused problems. Then sh2img.exe crashed and I got the error

ERROR 7: Assertion `iDstLine == 0' failed
in file `ecwdataset.cpp', line 346

The same happened with a high resolution image (0.8 m pixel) and scale above 1:5000.

I tried with the shp2img.exe from the DM Solution 'mapserver-4.0.2-win32-php4.3.4.zip'  that uses the 'gdal12.dll'

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Armin