[Mapserver-users] Re: ogr broken perhaps? Problems with on-the-fly and other projections.

Andrew selkiesdad at twcny.rr.com
Thu May 27 06:07:39 EDT 2004

The coordinate shifts in the projected shape file after using ogr2ogr
compared to the correct region settings are:

original lon/lat (-75.860047, 44.050400) - (-74.525683, 45.015850)
converted state plane (-406072.543743, -4299527.573525) -
(-406071.208006, -4229526.607082)
Ref map base state plane (312000.0, 2092000.0) - (390000.0, 2168000.0)

lat lon comes from a UTM Zone 18N NAD83 GRS80 system (epsg:26918)
state plane is NY East zone (epsg:32115)

The projected shape file plots in the exact same location with the same
size as the original lon/lat file if I change the associated PROJECTION
block in the map file, so I assume the projection takes place.