mapserver rasters scale

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Mon Sep 6 09:56:20 EDT 2004

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Stéphane RIFF
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 4:58 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] mapserver rasters scale

      STATUS ON
      OFFSITE 0 0 0
      MAXSCALE 25000
      GROUP "carto"
      CLASS
        NAME "Fond raster 25000"
      END

This two layer switch well looking for mapserver scale.
The question i want to ask is why when i open a 1/250000 raster with GIMP and set the scale to 100%, it doesn't seem to correspond with what i see in mapserver at scale 250000.

In other words, if mapserver scale is 250000, does it means that the view is at 1/250000 sacle???

I hope my question is understandable
Thanks