About ordering of layers.

Mon Sep 20 11:51:29 EDT 2004

Bob,

You are right that layers are draw from the top to the bottom of the
mapfile, BUT labels for those layers are placed in a cache and drawn in
the opposite direction because this is what you normally want to happen
so labels at the bottom of the mapfile are drawn before labels at the
top of the mapfile.

So I think what you are seeing is that fact that the label cache is
being used for your image map. You can turn off the label cache on a
layer by layer basis which might give you the control you need.

-Steve W.